Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wear & tear

The older things get, the greater the wear and tear. At least that seems to be true with this aging body of mine; however, I wonder if that saying is true for other things -- for example, wine. My understanding is that the older the wine, the better it is! Am I better because I'm older? I know my lower back aches more and more with each passing day.

They say swimming is good for you. I enjoy it and feel good while I'm doing it. In fact, I swim 1/2 a mile a day at least three times a week. Some weeks I get in four days and on that rare occasion, I sometimes swim 1/2 mile a day five days a week. Almost always though, the next day my body -- actually my lower back -- is stiff. Maybe that means I should be doing some stretching exercises in the morning to loosen the muscles. I guess I could ask my doctor but that seems like a waste of his time. He has more serious things to take care of -- doesn't he?
 
Perhaps I should just suck it up and keep on pushing. I hate to hear people whining and complaining -- that includes me. There are people out there who have it a lot worse than I do.

C'est la vie!






No comments: