Saturday, January 14, 2017

Keeping It Real

I posted two entries earlier today that I originally wrote some time ago. don't know why I didn't post them when I wrote them but at least they are posted now.


I like to talk and dialog with folks however there aren't a lot of folks to talk and dialog with. Sometimes I attempt to engage my wife in conversation but she is usually busy playing "Word With Friends," doing Facebook or engaged in something else. Sometimes I kind of go off on my own and then she does interact with me. Interesting isn't it.


My wife is at a luncheon today celebrating the founding of her sorority -- Delta Sigma Theta. She is one of the speakers. I know she will do a good job because she is a very conscientious person who doesn't take on things lightly. She is a dedicated and responsible person. She was recently elected to the Board of our local South Bend Duplicate Bridge Club and she was also elected Secretary of the Board. She is an excellent and conscientious Bridge player. She studies and tries to figure out what errors (if any) she made. Me on the other hand, I am just a kibitzer and player. I am a social card player. I'd like to win but winning isn't all that important to me. The interaction, laughing, joking, and playing are more important to me.


There was a time when I used to be very serious about things but not any more. I just kind of take it easy these days and calm my anxieties. Not exactly sure what I'm anxious about but I do seem to get nervous and preoccupied. I guess a lot of it has to do with failing health. I get frustrated at not being as healthy and capable as I used to be. Probably the most frustrating is dealing with failing eye sight. I can still see but just not as sharp as I used to see. Oh well, se la vie.


I don't wantta to get off on feeling sorry for myself so I'll probably end this post for now. Take care and have a good day.

No comments: