Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Relationships

The other morning I was driving to work and thought "I haven't written on my blog lately!"

The obvious question was "Why?"

The answer was because I wasn't sure that I was using the blog appropriately.

I don't know that there is a definitive protocol vis-a-vis blogging but I wasn't overly comfortable with the entries I had posted. It wasn't that I thought they were inappropriate because I figured it was really up to me as to what I posted.

One of the thoughts that occurred to me was that maybe my most recent post were too long but I dismissed that because a person didn't have or wasn't compelled to read a post if they didn't want to.

The thought also occurred to me that I didn't want to post anything that was depressing and last week was a little depressing. A friend passed and went on to join the Lord. I didn't think that was particularly uplifting or something I wanted to post. So to make a long story short, I decided to wait a while before posting again.

Well, I'm at the point where I want to post!

Have you ever considered what a relationship is? There is a lexical definition of relationship but I'm not so sure that is what I had in mind. When you think of the term relationship, what immediately comes to mind?
  • Cultural relationships?
  • Familial relationships?
  • Human relationships?
  • Male-female relationships?
  • Sexual Relationships?
  • Spatial relationships?
  • Temporal Relationships?
  • Temporary Relationships?

I welcomed your comments.

3 comments:

Cherai said...

I think of relationships as connections between two people. I don't tend to think of a relationship between more than two people but I suppose it could. There are all "kinds" of relationships but the first one I think of is a "love/like" relationship between two people who are attracted to each other.

Laura said...

I'm with Cherai, I also think first of "love/like" relationships, but right along with that I also think of relationships with family members and friends. Something I always think is interesting is when someone will refer to a couple and say "they are in a relationship". This doesn't make any sense to me, because aren't we all, in essence, in relationships with many people. I just never understood why it was referred to that way.

Oh and there is not protocol you need to abide by for your blog ;) and your posts have been just right!

Bob Lewis said...

"Mathematical Relationships!" Wonder why I didn't mention them?

Relationships =d the affect of one or more objects upon one or more other objects.