Wednesday, July 30, 2008

If Tomorrow Never Comes

If I knew this would be the last opportunity we’d have to spend time together,
I’d be there to share your day, but
I'm sure we'll have more opportunities
so I’ll just let this one slip away.

For there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight,
We always get a second chance to make everything right.
There will always be another day to say " I love you!"
Surely there will be another chance to say " Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope you never forget.
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone -- young or old alike!
Today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day,
That you didn't take the extra time for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
and were too busy to grant someone what turned out to be their one last wish.

So always hold friends and loved ones dear.
Take time to say "I'm sorry." "Please forgive me?" "Thank you!" or "It's okay."
And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.

source: unknown -- my paraphrased version of the original.

No comments: