Friday, July 18, 2008

Psuedo Retirement -- 1st post

June 30, 2008 was my last day as the Executive Director of the Council On Aging for Elkhart County, Inc. On July 1st, my wife Margaret and I departed for the Links Convention in Seattle, Washington. This was my first time in Seattle. It appeared to be a very clean and beautiful city. Took a tour of the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field. Great tour!

On Sunday, July 6th, we departed for a seven day Alaska cruise. It was beautiful; however, in each Alaskan city (Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan) they said it was cooler and wetter than normal. It was an interesting cruise and the sights were great. I recommend it but I don't think we will do it again. It was just to cold, gloomy, and overcast for m!

We returned to South Bend at Midnight on Monday, July 14th!

I'm beginning to settle into reviving my firm (SIWEL) and getting my home office into an everyday work space. Doing a little bit every day! Haven't had a chance to play golf since retirement but there is always tomorrow.

Brian is in the Peace Corps serving in the "Kyrgyz Republic” also referred to as “Kyrgyzstan." He has a blog you may want to check out. It is http://abiglove.blogspot.com

Well, it is late so I'm going to log off. Hopefully I will check back in more frequently and let you know how this Pseudo Retirement is going! :-)

No comments: