Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Idelness

Here I sit, piddling around. I started to say doing nothing but I'm writing in this blog so clearly I am doing more than nothing. It may not be a lot more, but certainly more. ;-) Spent a lot of time on Facebook -- basically doing nothing! Read past blog entries  -- not very productive! Now I'm about to piddle some time on this blog. One might ask :Why?" Of course, I could respond "Why not?" I truly wish I understood my motivation -- not only for this but for many of the things I do.


One would think, why not read a book. Perhaps the condition of my eyes is the reason I don't read as much as I used to. My understanding is my condition is called "diabetic retinopathy" or something like that. Oh well, this may or may not be the reason that I don't read as much as I used to; however, I will use that as an excuse not to read. Perhaps things will change as the doctors continue to work on my eyes. The eye surgeon said there will be six more injection in my eyeballs to stop the leaking. In addition, he and the ophthalmologist have decided to do cataract surgery on my right eye following the next two injections. Those injections will be in the next few weeks: September 14th for the right eye and September 28th for the left eye. We don't have a definitive date for the cataract surgery, but it looks like it will be the third week in October. So the long and the short of the rationale for not reading is that it is difficult and not enjoyable.


Well, I could clean up my study. Goodness knows that it is a mess and needs cleaning up. Do I have a valid reason for not cleaning it up? No, not really. I could use the excuse that Margaret and I are going to leave at 4 p.m. to play golf and it is 3:50 now. Clearly that isn't enough time to clean up this mess. Why I would barely get started before we would have to leave. Naw, that is not a viable idea.


If the truth be told, I just don't want to do it. It is tough when you get old ..... and lazy. WAIT, am I really lazy? I'm going to go play golf. That means I am going to do something. So if I'm going to do something I'm not being lazy -- interpreted to mean do nothing. And hey! I'm typing this blog. Right. That is doing something. :-)


Well, "tenpus fugit!" Need to finish up and edited this piece before I save it. Take care and have a good day.

No comments: