Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Day After

Well, last night was the first full night with the cycler. By my account, it was roughly eight and a half hours. Four cycles I believe. I feel okay but was hoping I would have a little more pep to my step. Perhaps it will get better with time. I am not in pain and that is a good thing. Just feel kind of draggy (groggy). Don't have the old "get up and go!" I am relatively sure that things will get better with time. I think part of it is that my body has to get used to this process.


Hey, it could be a lot worse! One of my fears was alleviated when I was able to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom -- I'll spare you the details of that adventure -- without having to unhook from the cycler. Did have to unhook from the c-pap machine but that was no major problem. And quiet as its kept, I was able to hook the c-pap back up and fall off to sleep relatively quickly. The essence of this side note is that everything came out okay -- that is probably more information then you wanted to know.  ;-)


I just happened to look up at the calendar on the wall in my study and notice that it is turned to the month of March. Obviously I don't use that calendar very often. In fact, now that I am thinking about it, I wonder where my desk calendar is. Don't see the desk calendar but I changed the wall calendar to August. I think what this is telling me is that I really need to clean up my study. Oops, moved something and there was my desk calendar. It was two weeks behind but "HEY!" now I'm current.


I'm schedule to have lunch today with a friend from church. He is a good guy! I enjoy our conversations. We mostly talk about family and how we got to where we are and how family got to where they are. He is a Duke graduate and did some graduate work at the University of Chicago. He had to leave to take over the family business when his dad died. He did a great job and turned the business over to his son a couple of years ago.


He and his wife were in a Disciple Bible Study I conducted for the church over the past four years. I don't think we will continue this year. My eye sight is not what it used to be and my stamina leaves a little bit to be desired. I haven't completely ruled it out but I think there are times when we have to recognize our limits. As I look around at how junky my study is, the time might be better spent getting things organized and getting rid of things which I doubt seriously that I'll be using again. For example, I have a ton of books -- both academic, professional, and religious -- which I doubt seriously that I'll be using again. My children have not indicated an interest in them. Perhaps I should give them away to an organization who could use them or see that they get passed on to an audience who would appreciate them. Although I doubt that we will be down sizing any time soon, getting rid of things which we don't use any more may be a prudent thing to do.


AAahhh, tempest fugit! Gotta go meet my friend for lunch. Take care and have a good day!

No comments: